The infants and toddlers attend the 435 Crescent Ave. location, referred to as “435”. It houses children from 6 weeks to 3 years old. The building is broken up into different rooms, which each contain their own subject area. The four front rooms are designed for the toddlers and include: Practical Life, Art, Sensorial, Math, Language, Lg. Motor and Creative Play. Children float freely into each of these areas choosing what interests them. Teachers sit with the children offering language and process cues as the children explore.
During the day song/movement meetings, sign language, books, the outside environment as well as visits to the food room for breakfast or snacks are occurring. Hand held walks around the neighborhood are another great way to break up the day for children.
For the children 6 weeks to 18 months, we have a smaller crib room which houses the three youngest babies and a larger crib room which contains 8 cribs for the more mobile babies. When awake the infants have two work/play rooms to explore materials and a heated deck space for more gross motor activities all year around. Infants are assigned to primary caregivers but are also very comfortable with the team of seven teachers who care for them during the day. We have a homecare environment in a house across the street, as an extension to our infant program, allowing for three more crib spaces.
The infant work rooms are also broken up into areas which include: Language, Sensorial, Practical Life, manipulatives and Lg. Motor/Creative play. Books, music and movement, stroller and hand held walks plus Sign-Language are done through out the day.
Both Infants and Toddlers have continual access to a mulched/blacktop outdoor play space for digging with shovels, running, swinging, sliding and riding trikes and scooters.
Other things to know about this location:
- 1/3 Ratio for infants, 14 cribs
- 1/3 Ratio for toddlers
- Free flowing environment-children move freely through out the rooms, teachers stay in their area, introducing materials and language to the children, modeling the process and vocabulary.
- Building Has a full time Administrator, toddler supervisor and infant supervisor
- Outside Playground shared with the 425 location-great for siblings
- Infants and Toddlers have heated, closed in decks for all year around use
- Staff: certified teachers, Montessori trained teachers, degreed teachers, Associate of Ed. Teachers, + Yearly Professional Development
- Teachers are trained in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse and Communicable Disease
Schedule of the Day
Rooms are open, Breakfast open until 9:00
Rooms are open, snack is available until 10:30, songs/movement meeting when children are ready, outside is open.
Lunch is served, outside, inside and nap rooms are open.
Inside rooms, outside environment, snack and Napping all open
Inside rooms, outside environment, snack and an afternoon specials: cooking, crafts, or music/movement all open.
Infant Schedule of the day: Follow the child’s needs